The Alameda County Law Library is a public law library. The library provides equitable access to legal information materials to self-represented litigants, legal professionals, and others engaged in legal research or the preparation of legal documents. Professional law librarians are available to help patrons use the library’s print materials and legal databases effectively.
The Alameda County Law Library is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization and a local agency established under (California Business and Professions Code § 6300-6363). Over 90% of the library’s income comes from a portion of civil filing fees. Since 2009, that income has fallen over 40%, while the cost of legal materials has increased 60%.
Vision & Mission
The Mission of the Alameda County Law Library is to provide access to authoritative legal information to the public, attorneys and residents.
The library envisions a future in which all people have effective access to justice. To bring about this vision, the library offers the public free access to current, authoritative sources of legal information. Visitors use law library resources to research the law, prepare for court, and draft legal documents. By providing equal access to the tools needed to successfully participate in the legal system, Alameda County Law Library helps facilitate access to justice for all members of the community.
- President, Honorable Stuart Hing
- Vice President, Honorable Kimberly Colwell
- Honorable C. Don Clay
- Honorable Eumi Lee
- Honorable Julia Spain
- Justin A. Bosl, Esq.
- Diane Rames
- Library Director: Emily Bergfeld
Board of Trustee Meetings
- March 2021 Agenda
- February 2021 Agenda / February 2021 Minutes
- January 2021 Agenda / January 2021 Minutes
- November 2020 Agenda / November 2020 Minutes
- October 2020 Agenda / October 2020 Minutes
- September 2020 Agenda / September 2020 Minutes
- August 2020 Agenda / August 2020 Minutes
- June 2020 Agenda / June 2020 Minutes
- January 2020 Agenda / January 2020 Minutes
- December 2019 Agenda / December 2019 Minutes
- October 2019 Agenda / October 2019 Minutes
- September 2019 Agenda / September 2019 Minutes
- August 2019 Agenda / August 2019 Minutes
- June 2019 Agenda / June 2019 Minutes
- May 2019 Agenda / May 2019 Minutes
- April 2019 Agenda / April 2019 Minutes