The Law Library has 7 meeting rooms available for rent for activities such as trial break rooms/war rooms, client meetings, depositions, arbitrations, mediations, and corporate trainings.
The library is conveniently located across the street from two courthouses and 3 short blocks from the Lake Merritt Bart Station. Paid parking is available at the Alcopark Garage and the Oakland Museum of CA.
You can reserve a meeting room 24/7 online using the RSVP Room Reservation tool (Flowchart instructions) (video tutorial), or by phone (510) 272-6483 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org during normal business hours.
- Minimum rental is one hour. You must pay for the full hour when you use any portion of an hour.
- Rooms are available as soon as the library is open and must be vacated by 15 minutes prior to the library closing. For multi-day rentals, items may be left in the room overnight.
- Rental period starts as soon as the keys are received by the patron and ends when the keys are returned to the Reference Desk.
- Renters must sign in at the Reference Desk and mark the time in and time out.
- The library accepts cash, checks, Visa and Mastercard. Payment in full is due immediately upon vacating the room.
- Food and drink are permitted in meeting rooms provided care is taken to protect the furnishings, equipment, flooring, etc.
CANCELLATION & LIABILITY
- Reservations may be cancelled without penalty provided the renter contacts the library by phone or email no less than one business day prior to the reservation. Renter will be charged for one hour as a penalty for any cancellation made later than one business day prior to the start of the reservation.
- Renters are allowed in and out privileges during the period of their rental and are allowed to leave their belongings in the room during this time at the renter’s own risk.
- Renter agrees to reimburse the law library for any damages and to protect, indemnify, defend, save and hold harmless Alameda County Law Library and its Trustees and Employees from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, or right of action directly or indirectly arising out of the use of the facility.