Job Description: Part-Time/On-Call Reference Librarian
The Alameda County Law Library seeks candidates for our part-time/on-call substitute Reference Librarian pool.
Job Overview: Under the direction of the Public Services Librarian, the Reference Librarian provides assistance and instruction to attorneys, the general public and others in the use of the print and electronic resources of the law library, assists and promotes the services and programs of the law library.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing reference assistance and instruction in person, over the phone, or by e-mail;
- Checking materials in and out; issuing new library cards;
- Promoting the law library’s services and programs;
- Participating in the creation and maintenance of reference guides, tools, pathfinders and similar products;
- Establishing and maintain good relationships with patrons, co-workers, building personnel and other libraries.
- Juris Doctorate, a Master’s Degree in Library Science, or a meaningful combination of legal/law library experience and education to meet the level of competency, skills and knowledge required by the library;
- Extensive knowledge of California and Federal legal materials;
- Availability to work variable shifts on weekdays and evenings 4-20 hours per week.
- Strong commitment to public service;
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with a diverse community of users;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and make productive use of work time;
- Ability to use word-processing, productivity and presentation software to create, edit, and save (a document which includes images or graphs).
Application: Send cover letter, resume and completed application form, http://www.co.alameda.ca.us/law/documents/application.pdf to email@example.com
Alameda County Law Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer